A number of our tools require some level of server level access to your web server. This can be achieved via FTP, SFTP, or SSH protocols. These protocols allow for data to be transferred between two different machines. The preferred protocol will always be SFTP or SSH but more often than not either the host does not offer it, its offered for a fee, or the website is unfamiliar with how to create these access points.
That’s ok, because we’ve compiled this quick tutorial on the creation of an FTP account specifically for Network Solution users.
A File Transfer Protocol (FTP) account will allow us to access your website’s files. The FTP credentials we need to connect to your site are:
- FTP server (host)
- Port (default is 21)
Log Into Your Network Solutions Account
- Log into your Network Solutions Administrative Panel
- Login using your email address or User ID.
- Under My Hosting Packages click FTP User/Pwd
- In the bottom right under FTP User Accounts, click the Add button
- Under Create FTP Account, type a FTP User ID (must be unique in the Network Solutions system and at least 9 characters long) and FTP Password.
- For the Directory, do not change it from /htdocs
- We need full access to your web site content.
Note the FTP Server/Host Address listed under Your FTP Account Information, as well as the FTP User ID and Password you chose for the new account.