A number of our tools require some level of access to your web server. This can be achieved via FTP, SFTP~ or SSH protocols. The preferred protocol will always be SFTP or SSH but sometimes, its only offered for a fee, or the host is unfamiliar with how to create these access points.
We’ve compiled this quick tutorial on the creation of an FTP account specifically for RackSpace users.
A File Transfer Protocol (FTP) account will allow us to access your website’s files. The FTP credentials we need to connect to your site are:
- SFTP server (host)
- Port (default is 22)
Log Into Your RackSpace Account
- Log into your RackSpace Administrative Panel
- Log in using your username or domain name.
- Click Servers on the navigation menu.
- Note the IP Address of your server.
- Provide us with the IP Address as your SFTP Server, root as your username, and your RackSpace server password.
RackSpace only allows SSH or SFTP connections. If you wish to create a new user account, you can only do this via SSH. Rackspace provides clear instructions here.